Tourism film about Võrumaa.
- Rõuge municipality is located in Southeast-Estonia, covering the whole southern border of Võru county. Our neighbours are Latvia and Russia.
- Main centres: Rõuge (the centre of municipality), Haanja, Misso, Mõniste and Varstu. A quarter of the municipality stays to Haanja nature park.
- With its stunning nature, active people and tourist sights, Rõuge municipality holds an important place in Võru county recreation, sports and tourism chain.
- The distance from municipality centre to Võru (the central town of county) is 16 km.
- The rural municipality has an area of 933.2 km2, a large share of which is covered with forests.
- Municipality 5523 inhabitants (01/01/2019) living in 274 villages and in Rõuge borough.
- Rõuge municipality is a record-breaking community: here, you can visit the highest top of Baltics, the deepest lake of Estonia, the most southern top of Estonia, the only canyon of Estonia, the landmark where the borders of three countries (Estonia, Latvia and Russia) touch each other, and many, many more.
WELCOME TO RÕUGE MUNICIPALITY!